My kids love banana muffins. We eat them at least once a week or whenever we have bananas reaching their peak ripeness. I tried multiple varieties of this banana muffin recipe. Nothing worked! Some were too complicated with strange ingredients. Others didn’t taste like a banana – isn’t that the point?
After what seemed like eternity, this banana muffin recipe appeared. The angels and heavens sang, along with the praises from my children. Now, we have banana muffins a few times a week. I typically buy four to five pounds of bananas every two weeks, with muffins and smoothies in mind.
So, here is our ultimate banana muffin recipe.
Ingredients: Makes 12 Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mash up all of the bananas. It’s ok if you have chunks! They end up being some of the best parts.
- Next, Mix in the egg and sugar.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. I’m a huge cinnamon fan, so I typically up it to 1 teaspoon.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Mix in the flour. I do it 1/2 cup at a time to ensure it is fully mixed.
- Grease the muffin pan, then divide the batter equally into each muffin. You will get exactly 12 muffins. I use a 1/4 c. measuring cup to divide out the batter.
- Finally, Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Eat immediately!
Best of all, you can add chocolate chips if you want! My kids love that. Before I divide the batter, I add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Nothing else needs to be different. Now, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy! If you were looking for other ways to use your ripe bananas, check out my favorite ways!
Did you try this recipe? If so, let me know what you think!