We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nothing costs extra for you.
My kids love banana muffins. We eat them at least once a week or whenever we have bananas reaching their peak ripeness. I tried multiple varieties of this banana muffin recipe.
Some were too complicated with strange ingredients. Others didn’t taste like a banana – isn’t that the point?Jump to Recipe
After what seemed like an eternity, this banana muffin recipe appeared. The angels and heavens sang, along with the praises from my children.
Now, we have banana muffins a few times a week. I typically buy four to five pounds of bananas every two weeks, with muffins and smoothies in mind.
Making the Best Banana Muffins
This recipe isn’t too hard to make. Even my 10-year-old figured out how to make it. I suppose that’s one of the reasons I love it. I can hand it to my husband and tell him to make them.
And they come out good each and every time.
After I had our last baby, Jolene, he made dozens of batches of banana muffins. Turns out, I tend to freeze bananas and forget about them. So, he was using up all of these random frozen bananas.
You can make these however you want…
- with chocolate chips
- with a crumb topping – seriously YUM
- add in some raisins or walnuts
- Try some cranberries
Crumb topping is my favorite, but I add crumb topping to everything. If I could eat crumb topping in a bowl every day, I would. Call me strange; I knew I am.
4 Tips for Making Banana Muffins
We are almost to the recipe, I swear! You can jump down if you want.Jump to Recipe
I just wanted to give you some simple tips for making banana muffins. Here they are.
- Make sure your bananas are VERY ripe. I daresay that your bananas cannot be too ripe. Do you know the black, mushy ones that your kids would never dare to eat? yup, those are ones for this recipe.
- Chunks are good, but make sure you do take time to mash up the bananas. That moisture is needed to create a fluffy muffin.
- I hand-mix my muffins. I don’t want to overmix the batter or not leave any chunks behind. You can use a paddle attachment on a mixer if you need to use one.
- Watch the last 2-3 minutes of baking. I’ve found that if you overbake these muffins, they turn dry fast. I rarely go over 20 minutes of baking time. Sometimes, I need as little as 18. Use a toothpick or a butter knife. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
Easy and Fast Banana Muffins
Delicious, yet fast and simple, banana muffins that can be ready to eat in 30 minutes!
- 3 Bananas Ripe
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Butter Melted
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
Preheat the oven at 350°F.
Mash up all of the bananas in the bowl. It's okay if you have some chunks. Often times, the chunks of bananas in the muffin are the best part.
Once the bananas are mashed to your satisfaction, mix in the egg and sugar.
Then, mix in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. I put the cinnamon at 1 tsp, but feel free to add more. I know that I do often.
Pour in the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
Now, add in the flour. I do this 1/2 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly each time.
Grease the muffin pan and divide the batter equally into each muffin. I use a greased 1/3 cup to make dividing the batter easier.
Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Eat immediately.
Fell free to add chocolate chips as well. Typically, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips is perfect for the recipe. I mix them at the end but before I add in the flour.
Also, this recipe doubles perfectly. Now that we are a family of 6, I regularly double the recipe and have faced no problem.
Give These a Try
These are one of our favorite breakfast recipes. I can make them without my glasses – I’ve done it before.
I wake up, make my coffee, toss in the muffins, and clean up before they’re finished. Then, I call the kids to school time and serve muffins. No arguments from anyone in this house when banana muffins come along!