We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nothing costs extra for you.
My husband and I are obsessed with the Air Fryer, particularly my husband. He has made so many great recipes in it, from brussel sprouts to burgers. Yes, he makes burgers in the air fryer! Of course, we use it for the obvious food items as well, such as fries and chicken nuggets.
He decided he wanted to come up a recipe for bacon wrapped meatloaf. It does require you forming the meatloaf in a bread loaf pan to get it properly wrapped. The process might seem complicated, but I promise it is not!
You can see how he laid the bacon across the pan. Then, you place the meat inside to form a proper loaf. After, you flip the sides of the bacon over to complete the wrapping process.
Depending on the length of your bacon, you may have to tuck some other pieces around the loaf. But, you can never have too much bacon, right? Bacon is life.
Then, you take your loaf and place it into the tray of the Air Fryer. Remember putting bread into your loaf pan to soak up the grease from the meatloaf? With the Air Fryer, you’ll catch all of the grease and fat under the tray.
Halfway through the cooking process, the bacon will start to get nice and crispy. At this time, flip it over by using a plate. You don’t HAVE to flip it, but the bottom will be much more crispy than the top. Flipping just ensures you have a nice crispiness all over. At this time, add the rest of the BBQ sauce.
After 45 minutes, your meatloaf is finished, and it is delicious. We paired it with veggies and baked potatoes. Did you know you can make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot? Next to the Air Fryer, that is our second most used kitchen gadget.
But seriously, look how much grease and fat we collected!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Meatloaf wrapped in bacon and cooked in the air fryer, a perfect dinner for your family
- 2 TSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Onion Powder
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Bits
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs Plain
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Pack Bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1. Combine all seasonings, panko bread crumbs, eggs, bacon bits, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, and beef into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a loaf pan, lay strips of bacon across the bottom of the loaf pan.
3. Pack the seasoned meat into the loaf pan. Then, wrap the edges of bacon around the meatloaf.
4. Flip the meat loaf out of the pan by holding a plate on top of the loaf pan. Now, you have a bacon wrapped meatloaf!
5. Spray the tray of the Air Fryer and place the meatloaf inside. You might have to readjust the size of your meatloaf because of the size of your Air Fryer .
6. Cook at 360 for 45 minutes. Halfway through, you want to use the plate again to flip the meatloaf. Simply put out the tray, place the plate on top and flip it over. Now the meatloaf rests on the plate. Gently slide it off and into the tray of the Air Fryer. Then, add the other 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on top of your meatloaf.
7. After 45 minutes, check to ensure the meat is thoroughly cooked. Enjoy!
If you give our recipe a try, we would love to hear your results! Do you love the Air Fryer as much as we do? It is an obsession I don’t want to stop!